Update – Bitumen Sealing – Road Works
Council has commenced bitumen sealing on various roads on the island.
Road users are advised that speed limits of under 40km will apply in these areas. The public should be aware of loose stones and to expect delays of up to 15 minutes on these roads. Please drive carefully and follow all road signage and directions.
The following roads are scheduled to be affected:
- Cape Wickham Road – Monday 21 March 2022 (from Haines, Cape Wickham intersection up to the corners near Lake Wickham)
- Main Grassy Road – Friday 25 March 2022 (Between Pegarah and Lymwood corner)
- Old Grassy Road – Monday 28 March 2022 to Wednesday 30 March 2022
- Pegarah Road – Thursday 31 March 2022
- South Road – Friday 1 April 2022 to Saturday 2 April 2022 and Monday 4 April 2022.
This schedule may change and will be whether permitting.
Works will be carried out from 6am to 6 pm Monday to Saturday.
Any queries can be directed to the Works Manager on 0419 562 868 .