UPCOMING ROAD WORK TO SHAW & HICKMOTT ST AND GEORGE & MEECH ST
Council will soon be commencing roadwork on the corners of Shaw & Hickmott St and George & Meech St, with funding for this upgrade budgeted in the FY18/19 Capital Works Program.
During this essential work, we regret that some inconvenience may be incurred by users of Shaw & Hickmott St and George & Meech St.
Please note the following timeframe:
- During business hours (7:30am – 4:30pm) the Works team will close access to one lane on both Hickmott and Shaw St
- Shaw St will be closed for up to 3 weeks with vehicle access via one lane at a time
- While waiting for concrete to cure the works team will commence work on the George & Edward St intersection
- George St will be closed on the left-hand side (Uniting Church Side), for the duration of the work
- Once this job is complete the works team will relocate back to Shaw & Hickmott St to complete the opposite side of road
- The roads will be closed off with bollards and a traffic management plan will be enacted
Thank you in advance for your patience while this work is carried out.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Council on 6462 9000.