Local Government Elections
Elections, conducted by postal ballot, will be held to fill Councillor, Mayor and Deputy Mayor positions for all Tasmanian councils in September and October 2022.
Voting is compulsory in local government elections for all electors on the State roll.
By voting you can help influence what sort of place your community will be.
Make sure you are enrolled to vote by 6pm Thursday 8 September 2022.
- anyone enrolled on the State roll for an address on King Island is required to vote in the 2022 local government elections.
- you may also be eligible to vote if you own or occupy land on King Island, or if you are the nominated representative of a corporate body that owns or occupies land on King Island.
- read the General Manager’s Electoral Roll eligibility for more information. Voting is not compulsory for electors on the General Manager’s roll.
General Manager’s Electoral Roll eligibility
You may be eligible for the General Manager’s Electoral Roll if:
- you are a resident of King Island, but not eligible for the State electoral roll; or
- you own or occupy land on King Island, but do not live on King Island; or
- you are the nominated representative of a corporate body, which owns or occupies land on King Island.
A voter, in an election in respect of one municipal area, has a maximum of two votes:
- one vote is in their own right; and
- one vote on behalf of a corporate body
Enrol for the General Manager’s Electoral Roll
For the 2022 local government elections, the General Manager’s Roll closes at 6pm on Thursday 8 September 2022.
Please complete the relevant form:
To submit your form you can either
- Deliver your relevant form to the Currie Council Offices, 10 George Street, Currie TAS 7256
- Mail your relevant form to the General Manager, PO Box 147, Currie TAS 7256.
- Email your relevant form to firstname.lastname@example.org