News header

Local Government Elections Enrolment

Who can vote in local government elections?

If you are currently on the electoral roll, you are automatically on the local government roll for the municipal area (council) in which your enrolled address is located.

You are also eligible to be on the local government roll if:

  • you own or occupy land in a municipal area different from where you are enrolled on the state electoral roll, or
  • you are the nominated representative of a corporate body which owns or occupies land in the municipal area.

To enrol under these special provisions you need to complete the appropriate enrolment form and return it to the General Manager.

For more information, to check your enrolment details, or to complete the local government enrolment form, please visit: Local government elections enrolment (

Rolls for the 2024 King Island Council by-election close at 6pm Thursday 18 January 2024.