Call for community representatives
The King Island Arts & Culture Advisory Committee is a sub-committee of Council. Originally formed in 2007, Council agreed at its ordinary meeting of 17 August 2021 to update the terms of reference and membership of this Committee to better reflect current activities and needs in arts and culture on King Island.
The terms of reference seek to guide the committee in:
- Encouraging and supporting local art, cultural and heritage activities to facilitate strong community and economic development outcomes for King Island
- Facilitating partnerships with other agencies to bring arts, cultural and heritage resources to King Island
- Supporting a community-driven program of arts, cultural and heritage activities and events
- Nurturing King Island as a dynamic creative part of our region, and
- Supporting and promoting a local sense of place, history and heritage.
A full copy of the terms of reference can be downloaded here.
As detailed in the Terms of Reference, the Committee includes representatives from Council and a number of existing King Island organisations:
- King Island District High School
- Produce of King Island market
- Phoenix Community House
- King Island Historical Society
- Lions Club of King Island
- King Island Cultural Centre
- King Island Community Radio
- King Island Tourism Inc.
The Committee is now seeking expressions of interest from King Island community members to join the Committee. Two community members, ideally being individuals with skills or interest in the arts, education, business, policy development, tourism, economic development and/or marketing on King Island, will be selected from applications received.
To express your interest in being part of this group, simply complete the form below and press “submit”. In the section titled “About you” you are invited to explain why you are interested in being part of the Committee and to offer some insight into the experience, passion or drive that you would bring to the group.
Submissions must be completed by 1pm on Monday 8th November 2021.
Should you have any questions about the Committee or this expression of interest process, please contact Council’s Growth & Strategy Manager, Helen Thomas, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 03 6462 9000.