Customer Service Charter
King Island Council has a shared vision to work with and for the local community towards a place of opportunity, lifestyle, and beauty.
As a Council it is important to us that we provide a high level of Customer Service. Your complaints, suggestions and compliments are valuable sources of information to help our organisation understand the needs of our customers and put plans in place that will help us to offer improved service levels.
Feedback helps the Council to:
- Improve accountability to the community;
- Demonstrate a commitment to Customer Service;
- Identify areas, which need improvement;
- Plan appropriate projects and services; and
- Obtain valuable feedback.
Council will ensure that all feedback is:
- Received courteously
- Investigated fully
- Acted upon quickly and appropriately and
- Processed consistently, with respect to privacy, timeliness & fairness.
Our Commitment to You
- Our customers are our focus.
- We are committed to providing timely, efficient and consistent service to you.
- We will continuously strive to meet or exceed the service standards and commitments set out in our Charter.
- We will deal with our customers in an open, honest and courteous manner and respect their privacy at all times.
- Our decision-making processes will be fair and accountable.
- We will apologise if we make a mistake.
The Customer Service Charter is in compliance with the requirements of the Local Government Act 1993 and outlines our commitment to customers in accordance with our guiding principles and provides a formalised process for making complaints. It outlines customers’ rights, the standards customers can expect when dealing with Council and what a customer can do if dissatisfied with Council decisions or actions.
How can I provide feedback?
You may provide feedback to us by:
- Phoning us on (03) 6462 9000
- Calling into the Council Chambers, George Street, Currie
- E-mailing us at: email@example.com
- Writing to us at: King Island Council P.O. Box 147 Currie, Tasmania 7256