Check-In Tas app now mandatory
The Check-In Tas app became mandatory for a range of businesses and venues on Saturday 1 May. A team from Business Tasmania are visiting the Island tomorrow, Wednesday 5 May, to help businesses and venues get set up with their QR codes and answer any questions about how the system works. Call Business Tasmania on 1800 440 026 and select Option 2 to ask them to come and see you.
For businesses and venues:
- Check the list of businesses and venues which are required to display a Check-In TAS QR code
- If your business or venue is on the list, register for your QR code
- You will receive a PDF file of your QR code by email. Print this out and display at each entrance to your business or venue
- If customers or visitors arrive who do not have the Check In TAS app, you can help check them in or ask them to provide their name and contact phone number, e.g. on a paper contact tracing form
- For more information, visit the Business Tasmania website, call their office on 1800 440 026, or email email@example.com
- Download the Check in TAS app on your smart phone
- Register your details (you only need to do this once)
- When you arrive at a venue with a Check in TAS QR code, open the app on your phone
- Click on “Check in now” and point your phone’s camera at the QR code
- Click on “Check in” at the bottom of the screen and you are done
- Find more information and links to download the app here
If a person does not have a smartphone or is unable to use one, others attending the premises with that person can use their own phone to check that person in. Alternatively, an organisation can register a person’s details using that organisations’ device. If there is no internet access or working device, the organisation can check them in manually on paper. This information must be retained by the organisation for 28 days or added into the app when access is restored.
If you miss the Business Tasmania team and still need help with the app, as a business, venue or individual, the staff and volunteers at KIRDO are able to help you between 10:30am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday, and 10am to 12pm Saturday, at their offices at 5 George Street, Currie.