Bitumen Sealing – Road Works
Council will be commencing bitumen sealing on various roads on the island as from Monday 21 March 2022.
Road users are advised that speed limits of under 40km will apply in these areas. The public should be aware of loose stones and to expect delays of up to 15 minutes on these roads. Please drive carefully and follow all road signage and directions.
The following roads are scheduled to be affected:
- Cape Wickham Road – Monday 21 March 2022 (from Haines, Cape Wickham intersection up to the corners near Lake Wickham)
- Old Grassy Road – from Thursday 24 March 2022 to Saturday 27 March 2022
- Main Grassy Road – Monday 28 March 2022 (Between Pegarah and Lymwood corner)
- Pegarah Road – Tuesday 29 March 2022
- South Road – from Tuesday 29 March 2022 to Friday 1 April 2022.
This schedule may change and will be whether permitting.
Works will be carried out from 6am to 6 pm Monday to Saturday.
Any queries can be directed to the Works Manager on 0419 562 868 .